Principal of Operation
The FINNtrometer™ utilizes the advanced LED color and intensity measurements capabilities of a custom propriety sensor packaged in an enclosed housing to allow simultaneous testing of multiple LEDs without having to power each component individually. This cost effective method of determining the presence, color and/or brightness of LEDs, will enable users to test large quantities while minimizing fixture considerations and lowering per unitc ost expense.
Method of Operation
The module houses a custom assembly, including multi color sensors and a microprocessor. Separate optical cables that are comprised of a press fit plug connect to numbered ports on the module and a metal shrouded tip
on the opposite end which is placed in front or on top of the LED to be tested. When a command for a specific numbered cable is sent to the module, the module will measure the color and/or intensity of the requested cable and send back the measurement via the chosen interface.
- Accurate measurement of CIE xy, CIE uv, Color Temperature (CCT) and Dominant Wavelength.
- Eliminates the need for additional measuring hardware for Frequency or Voltage readings.
- Simple serial command and response interface that can be used manually or adapted to custom software or NI LabView.
- Quick and easy installation with the flexibility of either a USB or RS232 Serial connection with built-in reverse and over-voltage protection.
- Fiber Optics are 1.28 mm in diameter, allowing for testing of very closely spaced LEDs
- 90 degrees tip fiber optic cable available.
- Compact module is easily mounted in an ICT fixture or functional test station.
- No custom software needed.
- USB – plug in cable and align fiber optic in front of LEDs.Modulutilizes the 5 volts provided by the USB itself, no external power supply is needed. The module has a USB virtual COM port driver which causes the USB device to appear as an additional COM port available to the PC.
- Serial – power, ground, transmit (tx) and receive (rx) wire-wrapped to PC or 3070 connection and fiber optics aligned in front of LEDs. 5v to 16v power supply is required
- Optics -The FINNtrometer™ has three fiber optic options available - an 18" straight cable assembly, an 18" 90degrees cable assembly, and a 24" straight cable assembly.The press fit plug end of the cable assembly fits into the labeled socket in the side of the module body. The metal shrouded end of the cable assembly is placed in front of or over the LED being tested. It may be held in place by a 0.050 inch hole centered over the face of the LED.